Making an origami tulip flower a fun excuse to work with paper in different colors. In single or multi-color origami, tulips look beautiful. It’s easy to make these with the help of simple materials, such as colorful paper, scissors and glue. These flowers can be used as decoration in a vase at home, school and offices or to present as a flower bouquet to friends, relatives or parents on different special occasions. Origami flower tulips are pleasing and easy to make following the steps below.
- Color paper
- Take a square piece of paper.
- Take the upper left corner and fold it to the lower right corner to make a crease, then unfold.
- Now take the upper right corner, fold to the lower-left corner to make a crease, and then unfold.
- Now fold the square in half to make the crease in the center.
- Press the center of the square to pop in.
- Bring the left and right creases together at the center — the paper should turn into a triangle.
- Bring the left corner and right corner to the top corner and crease.
- Turn the paper and repeat step 7 on the other side.
- Fold the top layer of the right to the left side.
- Turn the paper and repeat step 9.
- Holding the top layer, take the right flap and insert it in the left flap.
- Make sure the folded creases at the bottom of the flaps are the same height, then flatten.
- Turn the paper and repeat step 12.
- Take the tulip from the bottom and bring the flaps apart using both hands.
- Blow into the bottom of the tulip to puff it up.
- After puffing it up, peel down the petals carefully.
- Your tulip flower is complete! Now you can take a green, square piece of paper, scroll it tightly to a stick or pencil, and glue it.
- Stick the stem into the tulip. Your beautiful tulip flower is now ready!
Want to make other origami flowers? Check out our collection of origami flower tutorials!